Score: 95 Robert Parker
Bodega Tacuil is the oldest active winery in Argentina (1831). Now in charge of Raul Dávalos (h) winemaker. It is characterized by not using any barrels (except Doña Ascensión, its only label that does have one).
Upon entering the winery through a narrow path bordering a hill…you find the sign: Welcome to the winery closest to God…2590 masl
Dark purple, almost black. Red fruits and a distinctive vegetable presence of peppers and black olives on the nose. On the palate it is spicy, fruity and very powerful. Long finish.
- Tacuil Winery
- Score 95 Robert Parker
- Red Type
- Harvest 2018
- Varietal Mix
- Blend 80% Malbec/20% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Winemaker Raúl Yeye Dávalos (h)
- Alcohol content 15.5%
- Tacuil Region , Mills, Salta
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18 degrees - It is recommended to decant several hours before consumption
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Mushrooms, Black Pepper Sauces