Alma 4 is a line of sparkling wines, born in 1999, which brings together four friends from Mendoza around the production of sparkling wines: the couple Sebastián Zuccardi-Marcela Manini (the oenologist at the Zuccardi winery and his wife, who also studied oenology) and the agronomists Mauricio Castro and Agustín López. All friends from the time they studied at the Mendoza Agricultural School. Each sparkling wine is made using the second fermentation method in the bottle -some have long aging periods- and they work with certain atypical varieties for bubbles, such as viognier. Its grapes are born in Vista Flores, Tupungato, Los Arboles and San José.
Intense red with deep black and violet backgrounds. Black and red fruits such as blackberries, cherries, plums and strawberries are impressive. Then balsamic and spicy notes also appear: thyme, eucalyptus. It is fresh and powerful. The fig jam is added to the plums and cherries that mark its presence. Full-bodied and full-bodied, with soft tannins. It invites us to continue drinking. It is alive. Persist.
- Zuccardi Winery Uco Valley
- Sparkling Type
- Harvest 2017
- Varietal Bonarda
- Cut 100% Bonarda
- Aging 30 months on yeasts - Second fermentation in the bottle
- Winemaker Sebastian Zuccardi
- Alcohol content
- Tupungato Region (San José) Valle de Uco and Santa Rosa, Mendoza.
- Service Temperature: 10°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Molluscs, Fish, Grilled, Sauteed or Fried, Smoked, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Nuts, Spicy and Spicy Foods, Fruits and Berries, Sushi