Score: 93 Uncorked
Alma 4 is a line of sparkling wines, born in 1999, which brings together four friends from Mendoza around the production of sparkling wines: the couple Sebastián Zuccardi-Marcela Manini (the oenologist at the Zuccardi winery and his wife, who also studied oenology) and the agronomists Mauricio Castro and Agustín López. All friends from the time they studied at the Mendoza Agricultural School. Each sparkling wine is made using the second fermentation method in the bottle -some have long aging periods- and they work with certain atypical varieties for bubbles, such as viognier. Its grapes are born in Vista Flores, Tupungato, Los Arboles and San José.
This is 70% Pinot Noir that comes from La Carrera, a high altitude area (about 1,500 meters above sea level), while the base of the Chardonnay comes from San Pablo, from the La Verdad vineyard, at 1,400 meters. The wine is aged for about 20 months on its lees in the traditional method of second fermentation in the bottle. And it's vibrant and refreshing, edgy in acidity and full of red fruit flavors.
- Zuccardi Winery Uco Valley
- Score 93 Uncorked
- Sparkling Type
- Harvest 2017
- Variety 0
- Blend 70% Pinot Noir - 30% Chardonnay
- Aging 15 months on yeasts - Second fermentation in the bottle
- Winemaker Sebastian Zuccardi
- Alcohol content
- Tupungato Region (San José, La Carrera) and Tunuyán (San Pablo), Valle de Uco, Mendoza.
- Service Temperature: 10°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Molluscs, Fish, Grilled, Sauteed or Fried, Smoked, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Nuts, Spicy and Spicy Foods, Fruits and Berries, Sushi