Score: 93 Descorchados (2016 vintage)
Alma 4 is a line of sparkling wines, born in 1999, which brings together four friends from Mendoza around the production of sparkling wines: the couple Sebastián Zuccardi-Marcela Manini (the oenologist at the Zuccardi winery and his wife, who also studied oenology) and the agronomists Mauricio Castro and Agustín López. All friends from the time they studied at the Mendoza Agricultural School. Each sparkling wine is made using the second fermentation method in the bottle -some have long aging periods- and they work with certain atypical varieties for bubbles, such as viognier. Its grapes are born in Vista Flores, Tupungato, Los Arboles and San José.
From the La Carrera area, this sparkling wine was made with the traditional method of second fermentation in the bottle and with 40 months of contact with its lees. If you forget about the bubbles in this wine, you will find a delicious rosé, rich in flavors and aromas of acid red fruits, in a smooth, light body, rich in acidity and tension. The typical rosé to take to the pool and drink it by the liter. And if you add bubbles to that, it's the same. One to buy by the bottle.
- Zuccardi Winery Uco Valley
- Sparkling Type
- Harvest 2017
- Pinot noir varietal
- Blend 100% Pinot Noir
- Aging 30 months on yeasts - Second fermentation in the bottle
- Winemaker Sebastian Zuccardi
- Alcohol content
- Los Arboles Region , San Pablo, Tunuyán, Valle de Uco.
- Service Temperature: 10°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Molluscs, Fish, Grilled, Sauteed or Fried, Smoked, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Nuts, Spicy and Spicy Foods, Fruits and Berries, Sushi