Score: 91 James Suckling
Floral and spicy aromas, black fruit flavors, easy to drink, very well balanced.
Estancia Los Cardones is one of the wineries that have rebelled against the style of red wines that ruled for years in the north. With measures such as bringing forward the harvest or irrigating more, they have achieved wines with greater freshness and fruit character, far from being overripe and exuberant. The winery belongs to Jeff Mausbach and Alejandro Sejanovich, former colleagues at Catena Zapata and partners in various projects (Teho, Manos Negras, Wanted Dead or Alive). They share the property with the cardiologist Fernando Saavedra, who invested significantly. The Estancia Los Cardones vineyard has 25 hectares planted, mostly malbec, plus some petit verdot, grenache and tannat.
- Estancia Los Cardones Winery
- Score 91 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2020
- Varietal Malbec
- Blend 100% Malbec
- Aging 6 months French oak barrels 20% new
- Winemaker Alexander Sejanovich
- Alcohol content 14.0%
- Tolombon Region , Salta
- Service Temperature: 16° to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches