Score: 91 James Suckling
"Aromas of crushed strawberries, blueberries, sour cherries, undergrowth, and sweet spices. Medium-bodied with fine tannins and fresh acidity. Succulent, with a fruity, crisp finish. Delicious now." james suckling
BIRA was born from the search for the family roots of two friends, Santiago Bernasconi and Federico Isgró, both of whom originated in Italy or Italian Switzerland. One from the north, the other from the south, but both prefer wines from the peninsula.
In that search, they found the Sangiovese vineyard planted in 1975 in the Uco Valley, which convinced them to carry out the idea of developing Italian-inspired wines, but with an Argentine soul, at the height of the Andes.
BIRA in Argentina initially consists of 3 Sangiovese-based blends, a Tuscan-inspired style that would represent the first generation of immigrants to our country, and 2 Malbec-based wines that would represent the first generation of those born in the country. The vineyards are located in Gualtallary, La Consulta and La Arboleda, all in Valle de Uco, Mendoza.
- Bira Wines Winery
- Score 91 James Suckling
- red type
- Harvest 2021
- Varietal Blend
- Cut Sangiovese 60%-Syrah 25%-Merlot 15%
- Aging 8 to 10 months in used French barrels, 30% of the total
- Winemaker Federico Isgró
- Alcohol content 14.0%
- Uco Valley Region , Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 15 to 17°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roast, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Seasonings, White Starches