Catena Zapata has identified the best quality lots within the family's vineyards. The manual cultivation and care of these lots has made it possible to identify those plants that consistently produce the best fruit. These plants are marked in the vineyard with a red ribbon, which indicates the special care that must be given to them.
Harvested separately, at different times, the "Zapata" plants make up the origin of the Catena Zapata Estiba Reservada wine.
Deep purple in color, its aroma refers to ripe red and black fruits gently intertwined with notes of mint and eucalyptus. On the palate it is a wine of great concentration and smoothness at the same time, with subtle notes of toast and vanilla harmoniously integrated with the fruit.
- Catena Zapata Winery
- Red Type
- Harvest 2016
- Varietal Cabernet Sauvignon
- Blend 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Cabernet Franc
- Aged for 24 months in French oak foudres of 225 and 500 litres.
- Aging Potential 15 to 20 years
- Winemaker Alejandro Vigil
- Alcohol content 14%
- La Pirámide Vineyard Region , Agrelo, Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza (950 masl) and Adrianna Vineyard (Gualtallary), Mendoza (940 to 1450 masl)
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina