Score: 97 James Suckling
Made in collaboration with the renowned winemaker Jean-Marc Roulot, renowned for his vineyards in French Burgundy, this wine comes from a 40-year-old vineyard with mineral soils with alluvial stones covered with calcareous. The wine is intense and energetic, lively, round, austere, refined and mineral. On the palate it feels dry and with the natural salinity found throughout the area.
"There's a real direction and clarity to this white with sliced dried apples, crushed stones and minerals on the nose, as well as hints of biscuit and praline. Some hints of honeysuckle and lemongrass as well. It's full-bodied, but very firm and lively." , with a line of fresh acidity that runs through the palate, providing energy and depth. From the owner of Chacra and Jean-Marc Roulot of Burgundy. To drink now, but much better in three or four years. Try it after 2023." James Suckling
- Winery Winery Chacra
- Score 97 James Suckling
- White Type
- Harvest 2020
- Varietal Chardonnay
- Blend 100% Chardonnay
- Aging 62% in French oak barrels: 10% new, 16% second use, 10% third use and the rest in barrels from 4 to 10 times of use. 17% in concrete eggs, and 21% in pots for 11 months.
- Winemaker Piero Incisa della Rocchetta / Gabriele Graia / Jean-Marc Roulot
- Alcohol content 13.5%
- Rio Negro Valley Region , Patagonia
- Service Temperature: 8° to 12°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Fish, Lobster, Sautéed Or Fried, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Other Vegetables, Mushrooms, Nuts, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Wheat