Score: 95 James Suckling
Cru de Montaña is focused on making high-end wines, with a focus on Cabernet Franc, in San Pablo, one of the most exclusive areas of Valle de Uco.
Behind the venture is Rodrigo Calderón, a sommelier who designed the wine list for Mauro Colagreco at Mirazur, a restaurant that was chosen as number 1 in the 50 Best Restaurants of the World.
The grapes come from a farm located in San Pablo, Tunuyán, at 1,470 meters above sea level, irrigated with meltwater from the mountain range and planted on free standing.
No chemical products are used on the farm, rather the plants receive organic treatment, and it has been cultivated by the same winegrowers since it was planted in 2006. The lot from which this wine is born has a natural yield of 8,000 kilograms per hectare.
The wine is in its youthful stage, and those who like young reds with substance will enjoy it to no avail. Only in the year 2022 (stow in the dark, in a cool place) will its most elegant and complex profile begin to emerge. The wine will change year after year, and without a doubt it will enjoy life until 2028. Today we recommend decanting it before drinking it. Its optimum consumption temperature is 16°C. To enjoy it with meals, we recommend accompanying it with hearty dishes with character.
Production: 3,000 bottles
- Mountain Cru Winery
- Red Type
- Score 95 James Suckling
- Harvest 2018
- Varietal Cabernet Franc
- Cut 100% Cabernet Franc
- Aged for 18 months in used 600 liter barrels and cement tanks.
- Winemaker Rodrigo Calderon
- San Pablo IG Region , Uco Valley, Mendoza
- Graduation 13.6%
- Service Temperature: 16° to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches