The new "DV Catena Apelación" labels are a tribute to Don Domingo Vicente Catena, the father of Nicolás Catena Zapata, who in the 1930s was famous for his red blend, a wine that he sold in Buenos Aires as one of the “most fine wines from Mendoza”.
This line consists of three wines that speak of different terroirs and tell us part of Argentina's wine history. A tribute to the past looking to the future: DV Catena Historic White Appellation Agrelo a semillon cut and Chenin blanc; DV Catena Garnacha Lunlunta Appeal; and DV Catena Tinto Histórico Appellation Paraje Altamira, a blend of Malbec and Petit Verdot.
This is a blend, austere in aromas, that brings together the best of these varieties: the Chenin brings freshness and the Semillon volume, achieving a perfect combination between tension and an oily palate.
- Catena Zapata Winery
- White Type
- Harvest 2020
- Varietal Mix
- Semillon Cut 60% - Chenin Blanc 40%
- Aging 35% of the total wine passed through second and third use oak barrels for nine months and in contact with the lees
- Winemaker Alejandro Vigil
- Alcohol content 13.5%
- Agrelo Region , Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 8 to 10° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Fish, Lobster, Sautéed Or Fried, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Other Vegetables, Mushrooms, Nuts, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Wheat