Score: 95 Tim Atkin - 93 James Suckling
"As good as some of the most famous Argentine Pinot Noirs produced in
Patagonia, this is a world-class red wine from a plot rich in limestone located at 1,350 meters above sea level and planted with clone 115. Fermented with 20% whole bunches, it is a very safe wine from Roy Urvieta, with tasty tannins, oak fine wine and a heart of pomegranate and wild strawberry fruits. Ideal for drinking between 2023-29" Tim Atkin
Domaine Nico, by Laura Catena, was born from Laura's passion for Pinot Noir and Bourgogne. There were several years of work in different terroirs, in the Tupungato area.
Histoire d'A is a play on the famous erotic novel Histoire d'O by Pauline Réage. This is the origin of the name for this very “sexy” Pinot Noir. This plot located in Gualtallary is very particular, since it is on a slope with a northern slope, therefore, it is warmer and ripens very early.
Laura Catena, fourth generation of winegrowers, is currently General Director of Catena Zapata, where she works closely with Alejandro Vigil and Luis Reginato, selecting the plots and blends of the family's top wines. Laura has also founded the Bodegas Luca Wines, La Posta and Domain Nico.
- Domaine Nico By Laura Catena Winery
- Score 9 5 Tim Atkin - 93 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Pinot Noir Varietal
- Blend 100% Pinot Noir
- Aging 18 months in French oak barrels, 20% new
- Winemaker Roy Urvieta-Alejandro Vigil
- Alcohol content
- Gualtallary Region , Uco Valley, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches