Score: 96 James Suckling
Domaine Nico, by Laura Catena, was born from Laura's passion for Pinot Noir and Bourgogne. There were several years of work in different terroirs, in the Tupungato area.
This vineyard located in Gualtallary Alto at 1550 meters above sea level and belongs to Laura and her sister Adrianna, looks like paradise itself. It is surrounded by trees and fruit trees, with a majestic view of the Andes. In the middle of the 12-hectare vineyard there is a small house with only two bedrooms and a kitchen where Laura chooses to spend as much time as possible reading books. That little house is called Chateau Laura. Le Paradis was planted in 2011 with the Dijon 667 clone. Two totally different soils coexist in the same plot of just 1.1 hectares: deep silty sand in the far north and calcareous in the far south. Already at the limit of the IG Gualtallary, it is extreme in its everything: landscape, height, cold and zonda.
Laura Catena, fourth generation of winegrowers, is currently General Director of Catena Zapata, where she works closely with Alejandro Vigil and Luis Reginato, selecting the plots and blends of the family's top wines. Laura has also founded the Bodegas Luca Wines, La Posta and Domain Nico.
- Domaine Nico By Laura Catena Winery
- Score 96 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2016
- Pinot Noir Varietal
- Blend 100% Pinot Noir
- Aging 18 months in French oak barrels, 10% new
- Winemaker Roy Urvieta-Alejandro Vigil
- Alcohol content
- Gualtallary Region , Uco Valley, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches