Score: 95 James Suckling (2018 vintage)
Typical of the El Enemigo style it has some yeast flower notes and very little oak influence. Waxy, spicy and fresh, with citrus and lanolin notes and a touch of saltpeter.
El Enemigo, winners of great prizes, was born when Alejandro Vigil and Adrianna Catena, Nicolás's youngest daughter, decided to create the Aleanna winery, to rescue some of the forgotten traditional techniques of Argentine viticulture. The ultimate goal is, according to Alejandro Vigil, to obtain a wine with the least possible intervention, a "transparent" wine in which the oenologist's hand does not leave a mark, but in any case serves to interpret the particularities of each terroir.
- The Enemy Winery
- Score 95 James Suckling (2018 vintage)
- White Type
- Harvest 2019
- Semillon Varietal
- Semillon Cut - Medium
- Aged for 17 months in French oak barrels, 20% under veil.
- Winemaker Alejandro Vigil
- Alcohol content 13.5%
- Agrelo Region , Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 9° to 11°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Fish, Lobster, Sautéed Or Fried, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Other Vegetables, Mushrooms, Nuts, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Wheat