Score: 97 Tim Atkin
Red Wine Discovery of the Year, according to Tim Atkin, in his 2021 report.
Production of just 390 bottles.
Igneous is the integral expression of this vineyard, since all the
varieties present in the vineyard. The nose reveals aromas of wild herbs, with a palate full of velvety tannins, on the palate red and black fruits intermingle with memories of white pepper.
"Igneo is a co-fermented blend of Malbec with 10% Pinot Noir and Cabernet Franc, made as an expression of “the whole vineyard” in Uspallata, according to Alejandro Sejanovich. It is a surprising first release, produced with 70% bunches whole and showcasing incredible lavender and clary sage aromas, zesty, savory tannins, and layers of white pepper, blackberry, and red cherry. 2023-31" Tim Atkin
- Estancia Uspallata Winery
- Score 97 Tim Atkin
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Mix
- Blend Co-fermentation of Malbec with Cabernet Franc and Pinot Noir
- Aged for 18 months in 225 liter oak barrels.
- Winemaker Alexander Sejanovich
- Alcohol content 14.2%
- Uspallata Region , Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16° to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches