Score: 93 Tim Atkin - 92 James Suckling
Finca La Escuela - Los Soils Collection - La Arena
Finca La Escuela is located in the district of Paraje Altamira, in the south of the Uco Valley. The farm is named for a rural school over 100 years old located on the property. We actively support the school, with donations and work with the kids. The farm has a great diversity of soils, each contributing different aromas, flavors and textures to the grapes grown there.
La Arena is the hottest soil profile, which produces a wine with spicy aromas, ripe black fruit flavors and a very smooth texture.
"This red shows very good depth of berry and chocolate character. Medium to full body. Fine, smooth tannins and a savory finish. Subtle. Drink now or store." James Suckling
- Black Red Winery
- Score 9 3 Tim Atkin - 92 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2018
- Varietal Malbec
- Blend 100% Malbec
- Aging 12 months in French oak, 18% new.
- Winemaker Alexander Sejanovich
- Alcohol content 14.0%
- Region Paraje Altamira, Valle de Uco
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Mushrooms, Black Pepper Sauces