Score: 91 James Suckling
Laura discovered different producers in different areas of Mendoza who had been working their vineyards with dedication and amazing results for years. The first meeting with these producers was at the vintner's post or "producer's tavern" where they drank wine and talked passionately for hours on end about their soils, vines and the unbridled search to improve the quality of their grapes. These wines are a tribute to them and their unique vineyards. Each La Posta label illustrates the history of these producing families. The label design was inspired by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco of the 1920s and 1930s.
Laura Catena, fourth generation of winegrowers, is currently General Director of Catena Zapata, where she works closely with Alejandro Vigil and Luis Reginato, selecting the plots and blends of the family's top wines. Laura has also founded the Bodegas Luca Wines, La Posta and Domain Nico.
Intense ruby color with vibrant aromas of fresh, red and black raspberries and subtle notes of toasted oak. The flavor of freshly crushed raspberries reverberates on the palate, along with notes of leather, dark chocolate, and a touch of sandalwood on the finish. Although quite rich and hedonistic, the perfect structure of this wine makes it an ideal candidate for drinking in its youth or for years to come.
- La Posta Winery By Laura Catena
- Score 91 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Bonarda
- Cut 100% Bonarda
- Crianza 30% of the wine is aged for 10 months in second and third use barrels. (100% French barrels)
- Winemaker Luis Reginato
- Alcohol content
- Guaymallén Region - East of Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches