Laura discovered different producers in different areas of Mendoza who had been working their vineyards with dedication and amazing results for years. The first meeting with these producers was at the vintner's post or "producer's tavern" where they drank wine and talked passionately for hours on end about their soils, vines and the unbridled search to improve the quality of their grapes. These wines are a tribute to them and their unique vineyards. Each La Posta label illustrates the history of these producing families. The label design was inspired by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco of the 1920s and 1930s.
Laura Catena, fourth generation of winegrowers, is currently General Director of Catena Zapata, where she works closely with Alejandro Vigil and Luis Reginato, selecting the plots and blends of the family's top wines. Laura has also founded the Bodegas Luca Wines, La Posta and Domain Nico.
This unique cut of whites is a sensory revelation. We wondered what it would be like to blend grapes from the vineyards of our talented growers at different altitudes in Argentina, and were ultimately happily surprised. The cut is sparkling, fresh with ripe white peach and floral notes on the nose. Flavors like honey rind and fresh lime explode on the palate, quickly followed by a long, balanced finish.
- La Posta Winery By Laura Catena
- White Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Mix
- Blend 60% Torrontés, 40% Sauvignon Blanc
- Aging 30% of the aged wine for 8 months in second and third use barrels (100% French barrels)
- Winemaker Luis Reginato
- Alcohol content
- Los Arboles Region , Uco Valley - Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 8 to 10°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Molluscs, Fish, Lobster, Sautéed Or Fried, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Dried Fruits, Spicy And Highly Seasoned Foods, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Sushi