Score: 93 James Suckling
A beautiful purplish-red color with aromas of black cherries, dark fruits, dark chocolate and baking spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon. On the palate, the wine unfolds dark berry and plum flavors accompanied by hints of sandalwood and spice, and even hints of violet stand out on the finish.
Laura discovered different producers in different areas of Mendoza who had been working their vineyards with dedication and amazing results for years. The first meeting with these producers was at the vintner's post or "producer's tavern" where they drank wine and talked passionately for hours on end about their soils, vines and the unbridled search to improve the quality of their grapes. These wines are a tribute to them and their unique vineyards. Each La Posta label illustrates the history of these producing families. The label design was inspired by the Art Nouveau and Art Deco of the 1920s and 1930s.
Laura Catena, fourth generation of winegrowers, is currently General Director of Catena Zapata, where she works closely with Alejandro Vigil and Luis Reginato, selecting the plots and blends of the family's top wines. Laura has also founded the Bodegas Luca Wines, La Posta and Domain Nico.
- La Posta Winery By Laura Catena
- Score 93 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Malbec
- Blend 100% Malbec
- Aged for 10 months in new French barrels (10%) and 30% in second-use barrels.
- Winemaker Luis Reginato
- Alcohol content
- Altamira Paraje Region , Uco Valley, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 15 to 17°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches