Score: 94 James Suckling
"Very mineral on the nose with some aromas of anise and sliced green apple moving to a medium to full bodied palate with a creamy texture and nice apple, citrus and nougat flavours. Creamy and long. Subtle and fine. Del Chacra owner and Jean-Marc Roulot from Burgundy. Very drinkable now, but will get better." James Suckling
From the Río Negro Valley, in northern Patagonia, Bodega Chacra, with its Organic and Biodynamic vineyards, is one of the Argentine wineries most recognized by international critics.
It was founded by Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, in 2004 with the intention of finding the clearest expression of the climate, microclimate and terror of Mainqué in the Río Negro region of Patagonia. Respecting the environment, following biodynamic and organic principles, Piero strives to make wines that are transparent, pure, delicate and floral with a strong minerality.
- Winery Winery Chacra
- Score 94 James Suckling
- White Type
- Harvest 2020
- Varietal Chardonnay
- Blend 100% Chardonnay
- Aging 73% in French oak barrels: 15% new, 14% second use, 7% third use, and the rest in barrels from 4 to 10 times of use. 12% in concrete eggs, and 15% in concrete tanks for 11 months.
- Winemaker Piero Incisa della Rocchetta / Gabriele Graia / Jean-Marc Roulot
- Alcohol content 13.5%
- Rio Negro Valley Region , Patagonia
- Service Temperature: 8° to 12°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Fish, Lobster, Sautéed Or Fried, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Other Vegetables, Mushrooms, Nuts, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Wheat