It is the wine that Andrea and Luis make in honor of Malbec for being the flagship variety of Argentina. They chose the hornero as a symbol because it is the national bird. The baker also works in pairs and each year they build their mud nest, renewing their common commitment.
Along with Malbec, small proportions of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot add diversity and nuances to each vintage.
It is made in the traditional way in stainless steel tanks and is aged in oak barrels for 16 months.
With endless notes of ripe fruit, shapes and delicate wood. In the mouth it has great texture and friendly tannins that give it a firm step on the palate. Fresh acidity and agility, the fruit stars in the middle of the mouth of this wine of good weight and persistence.
The pair of oenologists formed by Andrea Marchiori and Luis Barraud -owners until 2016 of Viña Cobos - they continue with the elaboration project that they began some time ago in their winery.
"Since we met, we have given life to projects, desires, children and wines together. In 1999 we founded Viña Cobos in partnership, achieving great international recognition by producing wines that are a benchmark of quality in Argentina. In 2004 we started our own dream with some barrels to enjoy with friends. Both projects ran in parallel until, in 2016, we decided to launch our brand Marchiori & Barraud guided by a deep respect for the natural ecosystem that surrounds us. Our center of life is the family. The wines, an extension of our way of being and doing. As a family we feel complete, that is why we share each goal and challenge uniting work and vocation with all the people who work by our side."
- Marchiori & Barraud Winery
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Mix
- Blend Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- Aging for 16 months in French and American barrels of 1st. and 2nd use
- Winemaker Andrea Marchiori-Luis Barraud
- Alcohol content 14.5%
- Pedriel Region , Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches