Score: 93 Uncorked
Martyr reflects the sacrifice. From its origins, it pays tribute to San Lorenzo, a saint from whom our project takes its name, a symbol of a life consecrated to dedication and a fervent defender of its noble principles and ideals. This line includes its great exponents of Malbec and Cabernet Franc and Chardonnay.
Mártir is also generosity at its finest, as it invites you to taste the rest of our wines. That is why we consider him the faithful representative of Alto Agrelo.
An original wine that combines red fruit with touches of herbs and black pepper. It has a lot of fruit, is juicy and has an interesting texture and dry finish in the mouth that makes it a high-flying wine.
This is a selection of vineyards from the Alto Agrelo area, towards the foot of the Andes and slightly above a thousand meters of altitude. And it is a faithful example of the variety, with an accent on the herbal notes that show up very intensely on the nose, while in the mouth they mix with flavors of tobacco and red fruits. After 12 months of aging in barrels, there are also some toasted notes, but what predominates is fruit and herbs in a fluid and juicy red.
- Lorenzo de Agrelo Winery
- Score 93 Uncorked
- Red Type
- 2020 harvest
- Cabernet Franc Varietal
- 100% Cabernet Franc Cut
- Aged for 12 months in French oak, 12% new and the rest used.
- Winemaker Matias Prieto, Alejandro Sejanovich
- Alcohol content
- Agrelo Region , Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°C
- Argentina country
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roast, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces with Onion, Mushrooms, Beans and Lentils, Sauces with Black Pepper, Seasoned with Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Seasonings, White Starches