Score: 95 Tim Atkin - 94 James Suckling - 93 Robert Parker
Named after Laura's youngest daughter, Nicola. Nico by Luca is a wine from a very special and unique vineyard in La Consulta. Laura has known the Rosas family since 1990. The vineyards are trellised under French style, with naturally low yields due to the age of the plants. The vineyard was planted in 1939
Deep red color with violet reflections. Thick and concentrated, but it never loses its ability to exude red and black fruits and spices, which are the true expression of Malbec from Mendoza. This is a great wine, a blend of grapes from old vines from one of Mendoza's most respected growers, Mr. Rosas. This wine could be drunk now, but it will undoubtedly improve considerably after 5-7 years in the bottle. To drink now, it is necessary to decant it a few hours before.
Luca Wines, a project by Laura Catena, which seeks to promote old vineyards in Argentina. "Since at Catena Zapata we only use grapes from our own vineyards, I became obsessed with working with old vines. Thus, I found a couple of jewels of malbec, syrah, cabernet sauvignon and pinot noir. From these discoveries my business was born, which values the producer vineyards, something that did not exist in our country." Laura Catena
- Winery Luca Wines by Laura Catena
- Score 95 Tim Atkin - 94 James Suckling - 93 Robert Parker
- Red Type
- Harvest 2016
- Varietal Malbec
- Blend 100% Malbec
- Aged for 20 months, 50% new oak and 50% second use. French barrels, aged on lees.
- Winemaker Luis Reginato
- Alcohol content 14%
- La Consulta Region , San Carlos. Uco Valley.
Rosas family vineyard)
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Mushrooms, Black Pepper Sauces