Score: 93 Tim Atkin
Petit CARO combines power and elegance and exhibits the same style as its big brother CARO. Its grapes come from selected lots of aged vines located in Luján de Cuyo, on the outskirts of Mendoza, and Altamira, a little further south. In Luján de Cuyo, the soils show great diversity depending on the proximity of the vineyards to the mountains or the Mendoza River and are usually composed of layers of alluvial origin with a silt, stone and gravel profile. In Altamira, the vines grow at 1,000 meters above sea level on the alluvial soils of the Tunuyán river bed.
Dark ruby red colour. The nose shows expressive notes of raspberry, coffee and fig. Complex and juicy on the palate with aromas of plum, fruit and spices, it is a well balanced wine with elegant expression of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot.
The idea of an alliance between the Rothschild and Catena families was born in 1999. With a winemaking tradition that goes back four generations and a vast knowledge of Mendoza's high-altitude terroirs, the Catena family is recognized as one of the largest Malbec producers in the world. renowned in Argentina. For its part, Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) brings a precious legacy of knowledge in the production of Cabernet Sauvignon. The objective of this alliance is to produce a wine that combines the French and Argentine cultures and the two emblematic strains of both families.
- Catena & Rotschild Winery - Expensive
- Score 93 Tim Atkin
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Mix
- Blend 67% Malbec, 33% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Crianza 50% of the blend is stored in French oak barrels for a period of 12 months, while the remaining 50% is placed in concrete vats.
- Winemaker German Berra
- Alcohol content 14.5%
- Luján de Cuyo and Altamira Region , Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°C. Decant 2 hours or more.
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches