Score 94 James Suckling
The production of Ambrosía Precioso bottles is limited and numbered. It is the emblematic wine of the winery.
"Nice, bright berries here, showing good ripeness, along with hints of walnuts, mint, pineapple, violets and liquorice. This one is bright and juicy with lots of powdery tannins that wrap around the palate. Still quite elegant and dry. Long and concentrated .Drink or save." James Suckling
Care and attention are embodied in each bottle of Ambrosía wine, however, Precioso is made using the finest hand-selected grapes from specific quarters of the estate located in the Gualtallary District, Department of Tupungato, in the heart of the Uco Valley.
The soil contains highly calcareous gravel that enhances the mineral character of the wine and gives structure to the tannins. Fermentation occurs with native yeasts and then the wine macerates for 25 days before pneumatic pressing. Malolactic fermentation takes place in new French oak barrels, where the wine then ages for 18 months.
- Finca Ambrosia Winery
- Punctuation 94 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Malbec
- Blend 100% Malbec
- Aged for 18 months in new Mercurey French barrels, medium toasted, and at least 12 months in the bottle.
- Winemaker Matías Macias
- Alcohol content
- Gualtallary Region , Mendoza, Argentina
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Mushrooms, Black Pepper Sauces