Score: 90 Robert Parker
Rooted in the Pedernal terroir, Pyros Wines, from Bodegas Salentein, is the first wine brand exclusively from the Pedernal Valley, and the first specialized in high-end wines from the province of San Juan.
They are cold climate wines and distinctive prehistoric calcareous soil of the Pedernal Valley. They have an intense and deep color, great aromatic expression with a profile of black fruits, aromatic herbs and spices. At the same time, they present a good concentration, excellent natural acidity, fine tannin texture and great character. Unique wines with a wild imprint, elegant and complex.
It is a wine that, due to its color characteristics, indicates a great concentration. On the nose it is extremely complex, with fresh fruity aromas from the Malbec, accompanied by balsamic sensations provided by the Syrah and all the elegance of the Cabernet Sauvignon. The notes of wood give it more elegance and complexity. On the palate it stands out for being an extremely balanced and persistent wine, which stands out for its complexity, without giving up the freshness that characterizes the wines from the Pedernal Valley.
- Pyros Wines Winery
- Score 90 Robert Parker
- Red Type
- vintage 2014
- Varietal Mix
- Blend 77% Malbec, 22% Syrah and 8% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aged for 22 months in barrels (70% American and 30% French) plus stowage for 1 year in the bottle.
- Winemaker Jose Morales
- Alcohol content 0.14
- Pedernal Valley Region , San Juan
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Mushrooms, Black Pepper Sauces