Score: 94 Robert Parker
Bodega Tacuil is the oldest active winery in Argentina (1831). Now in charge of Raul Dávalos (h) winemaker. It is characterized by not using any barrels (except Doña Ascensión, its only label that does have one).
Upon entering the winery through a narrow path bordering a hill…you find the sign: Welcome to the winery closest to God…2590 masl
Intense ruby color with purple hues. Clean and bright despite being an unfiltered wine. Warm and enigmatic nose. Red fruit aromas with complex vegetable notes. Complex, full-bodied palate with a marked presence of red fruit.
- Tacuil Winery
- Score 94 Robert Parker
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Mix
- Blend 50% Malbec/50% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aged for 12 months in 3rd and 4th use French oak barrels, medium toasted Taransaud cooperage.
- Winemaker Raúl Yeye Dávalos (h)
- Alcohol content 13.8%
- Tacuil Region , Mills, Salta
- Service Temperature: 16° to 18°C. Open 1 hour before consumption.
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches