República del Malbec is a wine in which Matias wants to express all the potential of a unique terroir like that of Las Compuertas, in Luján de Cuyo, from vineyards planted in 1927 on ungrafted soil in the highest area of traditional Mendoza, at 1,100 meters high.
They call it “Farm Wine”, since it is made from grapes from a single vineyard. Its soils are of alluvial origin, with a 1 meter sandy and clay-loam texture, supported by a subsoil of gravel and pebbles that sometimes comes to the surface, and where we still maintain furrow irrigation.
The bunches are destemmed, arriving naturally by gravity into small concrete vessels, where they ferment with indigenous yeasts at temperatures between 26º and 28ºC. For several weeks, we did very gentle work with our hands to sink the hat and achieve a slow extraction. The aging continues in barrels of different uses of French oak and oak foudres for 16 months.
This Malbec has an intense bouquet, full of black fruits, licorice and spices. On the palate, the wine shows remarkable balance, with very elegant, delicate and silky tannins.
"There is a real purity to the blue fruit of the Malbec with deep, dark earth and violets. You find them on both the nose and the palate. It is full-bodied with tight, slightly powdery tannins that bring minerality to the whole wine. Tight on the finish. Give it time to open. Try after 2024.". James Suckling
- Matias Riccitelli Wines Winery
- Harvest 2021
- Malbec Varietal
- 100% Malbec Cut
- Aged for 16 months in different-purpose French oak barrels and oak foudres.
- Winemaker Matias Riccitelli
- Alcoholic Graduation 14.5%
- Vistalba Region , Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Argentina country
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Grilled, Smoked, Roast, Strong Cheese, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onion, Mushrooms, Sauces With Black Pepper