Score: 95 Robert Parker
Riccitelli & Father arises from the joint production between Matías and his father, Jorge Riccitelli, seeking to enhance Malbec from old vineyards in traditional areas, with the intensity that Cabernet Franc develops in our mountain soils.
80% Malbec planted in 1927 on ungrafted foot in Las Compuertas, Luján de Cuyo, on clay-loam soils. It is blended with 20% Cabernet Franc from mountain vineyards in the Los Chacayes area in the Uco Valley, on pebble soils.
In the elaboration we use a smaller percentage of whole clusters and the rest destemmed that arrive by gravity to small French oak vats. Fermentation is carried out with indigenous yeasts at temperatures between 26º and 28ºC. For several weeks, we do very gentle work to sink the hat and achieve a slow extraction. The aging continues in oak foudres for 16 months.
"The Riccitelli & Father 2018 is the most impressive. It is a collaboration between Matías Riccitelli and his father, Jorge, a winemaker for many years at Norton (among other things). The wine combines classic and modern characteristics, quite clean and fruity but with a heart of deep, ripe fruit and high-quality oak. It is mature without excess (14.5º alcohol) and reveals fine and abundant tannins that give it structure and body. This wine is always serious and concentrated but with very good balance. It should be long lasting." Luis Gutierrez - The Wine Advocate - Robert Parker
- Matias Riccitelli Wines Winery
- Score 95 Robert Parker
- Red Type
- Harvest 2018
- Varietal Mix
- Blend Malbec 80%, Cabernet Franc 20%
- Aging 100% French oak foudres for 18 months.
- Winemaker Matias Riccitelli
- Alcohol content 14.5%
- Lujan de Cuyo Region and Uco Valley
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches