Score: 94 Tim Atkin
Gran Valle de Uco Blend 2015, was chosen as the "Best Wine of Argentina and Great Gold Medal" in Mundus Vini 2020.
This blend is made with grapes from the best rows of selected plots. A Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon wine that reflects the essence of the Uco Valley terroir. A 100% Argentine wine.
An intense burgundy red color, deep. On the nose aromas of black fruits, anise, liquorice and menthol are perceived. Of great aromatic expression, intense, complex and at the same time delicate. On the palate it presents mature and structured tannins. Very good volume, round, with a long and persistent finish.
The luxurious Gran VU Blend cuvée was made with 67% Malbec and 33% Cabernet Sauvignon from Los Arboles in the Uco Valley. It is a powerful, ripe red with plenty of ripe fruit and tannins that would allow it to stand up to powerful foods, and should provide good bottle aging potential. The varieties fermented separately in oak and the wine matured in French barrels for 24 months. This should be a long distance runner. 7,800 bottles were filled in June 2019." Luis Gutierrez - Wine Advocate - Robert Parker
- Cellar Salentein
- Guy Red
- Score 94 Tim Atkin
- Harvest 2018
- Varietal mix
- Blend 67% Malbec and 33% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Breeding 24 months in French oak barrels
- Oenologist Jose "Pepe" Galante
- Alcohol content 15%
- Region Uco Valley, Mendoza
- Operating temperature: 16 to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches