Score: 92 Wine Enthusiast - 91 James Sucling
"Ripe plums, currants, violets and lemon zest on the nose. It is medium-bodied with fine, firm tannins. Fresh and juicy with a bit of rustic herbs and savory mushroom undertones. Drink now." James Suckling
The soil profile of Los Chacayes in Tunuyán produces Malbec with delicate floral aromas, blue fruit flavors, with saline notes.
Los Chacayes is located at 4,000 meters above sea level, it has very rocky soils rich in limestone. This soil profile produces Malbec with delicate floral aromas, deep blue fruity flavors and a salty mineralogy.
The wine is co-fermented with 10-12% Cabernet Franc seeking greater complexity and a sensation of freshness.
- Black Red Winery
- Score 92 Wine Enthusiast - 91 James Sucling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2019
- Varietal Malbec
- Malbec blend co -fermented with 10-12% Cabernet Franc
- Aged for 9 months in French oak barrels, 10% new.
- Winemaker Alejandro Sejanovich - Jeff Mausbach
- Alcohol content 14%
- Los Chacayes Region , Tunuyán, Uco Valley, Mendoza Province, Argentina.
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Cured Meats, Poultry, Grilled, Sautéed Or Fried, Smoked, Roast, Soft Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Mushrooms, Nuts, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, Wheat