This is one of the pioneering Mediterranean white blends in the Uco Valley. Its first vintage was in 2016 and since then it has been a blend of 50% Roussanne and 50% Marsanne, co-fermented in concrete tanks and then aged in those same tanks, although 10% of the total volume is also aged in barrels under the veil of flower. This is a dense wine, with many fruit flavors and also with hints of flowers that add complexity. The acidity is firm, the texture tight. Patricio Tapia, Uncorked.
The 2020 vintage was considered by the Argentina Wine Guide as the best white of IG Los Chacayes. It also received 94 points for Patricio Tapia, from the Descorchados Guide.
- See Sacrum Winery
- White Type
- Harvest 2021
- Varietal Mix
- Cut 50% Roussanne and 50% Marsanne
- Aging 90% for 11 months in the fermenter (concrete egg) and 10% in French barrels also 11 months, then 1 year in the bottle.
- Winemaker Eduardo Soler
- Alcohol content
- Region IG Los Chacayes, Tunuyán, Valle de Uco, Mendoza
- Service Temperature: Aerate at 8°C, serve at 10°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Poultry, Molluscs, Fish, Lobster, Sautéed Or Fried, Steamed, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Green Vegetables, Dried Fruits, Spicy And Highly Seasoned Foods, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Sushi