Score: 93 Uncorked Guide
Bodega Del Río Elorza is a small wine project conceived to produce high-end wines with grapes from its own estate, in the Alto Valle del Río Negro, at 39° south latitude in Argentine Patagonia. They have the advice of the renowned Spanish winemaker Elias López Montero.
The grapes come from the Maria Paula square but from a sector with 100% red clay on the surface and stones of varied granulometry about 80 cm deep. The wine fermented in concrete vats with native yeasts and matured in used oak barrels for 12 months. It is varietal, elegant, with contained maturity and a clean and defined profile. The tannins are fine and the acidity feels very integrated.
"Very in the kind, subtle style of the house wines, here is an excellent approximation to cabernet franc. Herbal notes mix with red fruits that end up dominating everything, leaving a refreshing and juicy sensation, all supported by a tense, electric structure of tannins that has the grace of being in the background, like a bodyguard." Patricio Tapia - Descorchados Guide
- Elorza River Winery
- Score 9 3 Descorchados Guide
- Red Type
- Harvest 2020
- Varietal Cabernet Franc
- Cut 100% Cabernet Franc
- Aged for 12 months in French oak barrels of 3 and 4 use.
- Winemaker Lucas Quiroga - Elias López Montero
- Alcohol content
- Alto Valle del Rio Negro Region , Rio Negro - Patagonia
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18°C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches