Score 95 James Suckling
Malbec from old vineyards planted in the first decades of the 20th century, standing upright on clay loam soils, located in traditional areas of Mendoza. The grapes come from the Las Compuertas and Vistalba areas. The bunches are destemmed, arriving naturally, by gravity, in small concrete vessels, and fermented with indigenous yeasts at temperatures between 26º and 28ºC for several weeks. The aging continues in French oak barrels of different uses for 16 months.
"Aromas of blackberry, crushed stone, lavender and iodine continue into a medium to full body with very polished and polished tannins that provide balance and refinement. So much purity and beauty. Beautiful old vine malbec. Subtle is the word to describe this. To drink now, but better in 2023." James Suckling
- Matias Riccitelli Wines Winery
- Score 95 James Suckling
- Red Type
- Harvest 2018
- Varietal Malbec
- Blend 100% Malbec
- Aged in French oak barrels for different uses for 16 months.
- Winemaker Matias Riccitelli
- Vistalba Region 60%, Pedriel 20% and El Brush 20%
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Poultry, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Soft Cheeses, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Sauces With Onions, Mushrooms, Beans And Lentils, Sauces With Black Pepper, Seasoned With Aromatic Herbs, Exotic Condiments, White Starches