New label in its 2017 vintage.
Zuccardi Aluvional is a selection of the best soils of alluvial origin in the Uco Valley, Mendoza. It expresses the characteristics and essence of each of the regions through the grape that best represents us: Malbec.
"I was surprised by the austerity of the Aluvional Gualtallary 20177, whose grapes come from the area informally called Gualtallary Monasterio, a sub-area that must be defined when the denomination is defined. Monasterio is next to Lomas del Jaboncillo, a plot with limestone on the surface, while higher up there is a lot of sand. The place is very diverse, and here the wines are more wild and mineral. They like this part of Gualtallary, where they now have 70 hectares planted, although not all the vines are in production yet. Gualtallary is very diverse and you have to differentiate the different soils and altitudes, from 1,100 to almost 1,700 meters! They arrived in Gualtallary a little later and had the knowledge to select where they wanted to plant their vineyards. This was harvested very early, Gualtallary being the first place to be harvested in the Uco Valley.The texture is liquid chalk, mineral and austere, with very fine tannins and a dry finish.12,500 jar produced ones. It was bottled in August 2018." Luis Gutiérrez for The Wine Advocate - Robert Parker
- Zuccardi Winery Uco Valley
- Score 97 James Suckling / 96 Robert Parker
- Red Type
- Harvest 2017
- Varietal Malbec
- Blend 100% Malbec
- Aged in barrels and concrete pools. Bottled unfiltered.
- Winemaker Sebastian Zuccardi
- Alcohol content 14.5%
- Gualtallary region , Uco Valley, Mendoza. 1400 masl
- Service Temperature: 16 to 18° C
- Country Argentina
- Pairing Red Meats, Pork, Grilled, Smoked, Roasted, Strong Cheeses, Hard Cheeses, Onion Sauces, Mushrooms, Black Pepper Sauces